- May 21 Dr Alan Beretta and Drew Trotter (MSU, Linguistics). Coercion in Icelandic and inter-individual variation.
- May 28 Wil Rankinen (Indiana University, Linguistics). Acoustic analysis of vowels in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- June 4 > changed to June 11 Joon-Beom Chu (University of Arizona). Lexical register variation in law students' mock trial performances.
- Jul 23 Dr Ann Kronrod (MSU, Advertising and Public Relations) (title updated) “Wii Will Rock You!” The Use and Effect of Figurative Language in Consumer Reviews of Hedonic and Utilitarian Consumption.
- Jul 30 Ai Taniguchi and Yui Totsuka (MSU, Linguistics). Isn't it not cute?: Variation in the interpretation of Japanese double negation with age.
Meetings will last an hour and will take place in the Sociolinguistics Lab, B-411 Wells Hall. Come along and join us!