There will be practice talks in the weeks leading up to the conference, and all are invited to attend lab meetings to learn more and/or provide feedback!
- TRAP: The loss of tensing in Michigan (Monica Nesbitt)
- Style & attitude: The social evaluation of the BET vowel (Matt Savage & Alex Mason)
- On the relationship between vowel nasalization and nasal weakening: Evidence from a Caribbean and non-Caribbean dialect of Spanish (Silvina Bongiovanni)
- It’s a TRAP!: The trigger for the Elsewhere Shift in Lansing, Michigan (Alex Mason)
- Attitudes toward TRAP in Michigan (Monica Nesbitt)
- "It's an American Symbol!": Non-native speakers' take on remarkable LIKE (Irina Zaykovskaya) - Practice Talk: October 5, 2018; Wells Hall B243; 12:30pm-3:00pm via Skype
Please see the Sociolinguistics lab calendar for specific dates of each practice talk!